Here’s where we try to provide answers to all your key questions. An impossible task! So please don’t hesitate to talk to us at school, or email the office.
Looking for answers?
Scroll down to see FAQ. We think we have everything covered!
As a parent of the school you are already a member of Friends of Rolvenden School! Read a bit more here about what FORS do or check out their Facebook Page. Fran Clifford (the Chair) and the rest of the committee are always looking for more volunteers so please don’t be shy.
Don’t miss out on anything. Sign-up to ParentMail in the school office to receive our ram-packed newsletter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the school uniform?
- Brown sweatshirt or cardigan (logo)
- Yellow polo shirt (logo)
- Brown or grey skirt
- Grey trousers or shorts
- Brown or grey socks and tights
- Yellow checked dress with white socks (summer only)
- Black shoes (no trainers)
What is the PE kit?
- Yellow round neck t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black pumps
Who provides the school lunches?
- Tenterden Infant School prepare and cook the meals. They are transported over to our school in special insulated containers to ensure they are hot and fresh when they arrive.
What is the school policy on term-time holidays?
- It is vitally important that children attend school so they don’t miss out on their education. Therefore it is not school policy to authorise absence from school for a family holiday.
Is there parking at school for parents?
- There is no parking for parents unless it has been pre-arranged with the school office. Please park in the village.
Do you close the school if it snows?
- During severe weather e.g. heavy snowfall, we will contact you via ParentMail if the school is going to be closed. We’ll also put a statement on this website. It is very, very rare!
What is the Parent View survey?
- Ofsted have developed a parent survey which you can fill out at any time. Please click here to find out more.
Why do attendance and punctuality at school matter so much?
- At school we aim for 98% attendance because our pupils’ education really matters to us and we can’t teach your child if they aren’t in school!
- Where possible please schedule appointments such as the dentist and opticians outside school hours.
- We understand that young children do fall ill and are too poorly to come to school, and our attendance target allows for this.
- The school day officially starts with registration at 8.45am so please make sure your child arrives in plenty of time. If your child is late it disrupts not only their learning but their classmates too!
- If your child’s attendance dips below 95%, or your child is persistently late we will be in contact with you to see if we offer any support to ensure your child attends school regularly and on time.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to Inga Springell our FLO if you have any concerns in this area.
What is the parent, child, school agreement?
- It is to clarify each of our roles and responsibilities in supporting the school’s vision to create life-long learners.
How can I best support my child’s learning?
- Parental support at home is invaluable. Throughout the year we hold events where you can find out more about your child’s development and how we teach key topics and new skills. Please don’t hesitate to talk to your child’s class teacher at any time.
How do I make sure my child is safe using the internet?
- Internet safety for parents: https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
How do I complain?
- Any parent (or person deemed to have parental responsibility) or pupil of the school can make a complaint. Please have a look on our policies page for guidance.
How do I get paper copies of what is written on the website?
- Sandy and Emma in the office will be very happy to provide you with paper copies, free of charge.