We are proud of our reputation as the school that makes a big difference.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SATs tests were cancelled. Instead, children sat internal summative assessments from which our progress and attainment data was derived. If you wish to see a copy of this, please contact the office.
In 2016, new tests were introduced which set higher standards. This means that results will look very different from previous years, and should not be compared with them.
Key Stage 2
- At the end of Key Stage 2, 56% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Reading, Writing and Maths. The national average was 65%.
- 63% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Reading; the national average was 73%. 19% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’
- 81% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Writing; the national average was 78%. 13% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’.
- 63% of pupils achieve the expected standard in GPS (Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling); the national average was 78%. 6% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’.
- 75% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Maths; the national average was 79%. 19% achieved the ‘Higher Standard.
Key Stage 1 SATs
- 75% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Reading; the national average was 75%. 18.8% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’.
- 56.3% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Writing; the national average was 70%. 12.5% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’.
- 75% of pupils achieved the expected standard in Maths; the national average was 76%. 22% achieved the ‘Higher Standard’.
Early Years Foundation Stage
- ___ of pupils reached a ‘Good Level of Development’ at the end of the Foundation Stage
Rolvenden Primary School was last inspected by Ofsted in March 2017, where we were judged to be ‘good.’ Our latest Ofsted report reaffirms that we are a good school, with strong leadership and passionate, dedicated teachers with high expectations for all our children. Our latest Ofsted report can be found by following this link to the Ofsted Website:
Friends Of Rolvenden School (FORS) is Rolvenden Primary’s PTA and plays a big role in our school life.
In its time FORS has raised thousands of pounds to improve school equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education. Events hosted by FORS have become regular and eagerly awaited dates in our school calendar, making our children’s time at the school even more memorable and often having the added benefit of supporting the national curriculum.
FORS is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school. All Rolvenden Primary parents are automatically members of FORS and everyone is invited to get involved and make a difference! There are so many ways in which you can contribute, even if you cannot attend an event; offering a particular skill such as carpentry or marketing expertise, or baking a cake or sewing a costume – these are all elements that help bring a project together.
Rolvenden Primary School is a community and all those directly connected (staff, governors, parents, families and pupils) have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure. Rolvenden Primary School recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children.
Rolvenden Primary School recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment within school that will help children to feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.